Medical Rehabilitation Sciences is a relatively new field of study that combines the principles of medicine, biology, and rehabilitation to provide comprehensive care to patients with physical and functional disabilities.
Over the years, the field has continued to grow and evolve, with the establishment of dedicated departments of medical rehabilitation sciences in universities and hospitals around the world. These departments typically offer specialized programs in areas such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, audiology, and rehabilitation psychology.
Today, medical rehabilitation sciences departments play an important role in the healthcare system, providing critical care to patients with disabilities and helping them to achieve optimal physical, social, and psychological functioning.
Providing excellence in learning, innovation to meet the international standards and to create a center of research in the field of Physical Therapy for the region.
To accomplish excellence in education and research, and to promote optimal health in the region through community services.
Loyalty, Excellence, Teamwork, Transparency, Diversity, Creativity and Social Responsibility.
- Knowledge of a comprehensive, coherent and systematic body of knowledge in a field of enquiry and of the underlying theories and principles associated with it.
- The ability to investigate complex problems and develop creative solutions with limited guidance, using insights from their own and other related fields of study.
- The ability to identify and use appropriate mathematical and statistical techniques in the analysis and resolution of complex issues, and select and use the most appropriate mechanisms for communicating the results to a variety of audiences.
- Capacity to provide leadership and willingness to cooperate fully with others in joint projects and initiatives.
- Take initiative in identifying and resolving problems and issues both individually and in group situations exercising leadership in pursuit of innovative and practical solutions.
- Apply the theoretical insights and methods of inquiry from their field of study in considering issues and problems in other contexts.
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of ethical and responsible behavior and provide leadership in academic professional and community environments.