- Medical education knowledge of the pathology, microbiology and clinical biochemistry to interpret various laboratory test results, to understand the underlining principle in the estimation of various tests, to identify any interfering substance present in the biological sample materials and to achieve a thorough knowledge about the reference ranges of many parameters. Knowledge of the principles of biological hazards to patient, self, colleagues, and general public.
- Optimal use of the various laboratory kits, chemicals and equipment.
- Knowledge on basic and advanced techniques in diagnosis of various diseases using modern autoanalysers.
- Knowledge of the principle involved in the analysis of blood and biological fluids to provide patient care and comfort in a professional manner regardless of patient’s personal attributes, nature of disease or illness, and without discrimination.
- Knowledge of the problem-solving skills to recognize and respond to emergency conditions and initiate life-saving first aid and basic life-support procedures.
- Knowledge of the functioning of the equipment present in the laboratory and technology to effectively use it for various testing.
- Knowledge of radiation sources, production, safety and radiation protection in the use radioactive kits for hormone assays.
- Computer and its applications in the laboratory and data entry of results, online report of patients test results and storage of results for effective and quick retraction of results.
- Understanding of professional rules, regulations, ethics, and policies