The program requires four years of full-time study, plus one year of Clinical Internship. Each year of study comprises two semesters. The duration of each semester is averages 16 weeks.The program includes a balance of basic sciences, behavioral sciences, clinical/Physical Therapy sciences, clinical practice, and critical/scientific inquiry.In the first year of the program, students will concentrate on the university requirements in humanities and sciences. In the second year, students will begin the basic sciences of anatomy and physiology, computer science, Islamic Culture, professional ethics, and introductory courses in Physical Therapy. The third and fourth years are devoted to the professional program. During the professional program, Physical Therapy sciences are emphasized and clinical education experiences provide the students with concurrent opportunities to apply acquired knowledge and skills.
It is one year of clinical practice in affiliated hospitals, clinics, and health centers. During the internship year, the students undertake supervised clinical practice, gain experience related to decision-making, and manage patients in varietal settings.
The main goals of this training year are to:
- Enhance the clinical skills of the graduates and prepare them to be competent in the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Expand the graduates’ necessary knowledge for the practice.
- Develop the graduates’ professional attitudes and ethics.
- Motivate the graduates on continuing education and learning in order to develop their personal and professional knowledge.
- Successful completion of the 128 Credit Units for all course work.
- Successful completion of the one year Clinical Internship.