The college was set off after the majestic decision of merging king Saud university branch with Al Imam Mohammad Bin Saud Islamic university branch together to have the eighth Saudi university as one of the governmental universities given the name of King Khalid University by his majesty the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.
The college started within the college of Medicine and medical technology based on the first restructuring decision for King Khalid University issued by the council of higher education in its fifteenth session numbered 8/15/1420 in 1/2/1420 H which then been approved by the majestic decision 7/B/4096 in 14/3/1420 H. In 1424 H the higher education council decision numbered 6/30/1424 in its thirtieth session dated 22/4/1424 H changed the name of the college into Medicine college, also it was approved to launch the college of applied medical sciences . This decision was crowned by majestic approval numbered 7/B/43206 in 9/9/1424 H. And based on this decision the launched college have 7 scientific departments including Nursery.
In the year 1427 H the higher education council decided to launch the Nursery college in its decision numbered 14/42/1427 in its 42 session dated 25/4/1427. Based on this decision now the college is composed of six scientific different departments.